… three broad descriptive words for disciplines that if logically followed, lead toward continuous learning and achieving more or less anything you want that is possible for you, however large the aspiration.
Aspire Act and Adapt …
- Aspire – wanting to achieve something;
- Act – taking action;
- Adapt – reviewing; identify what works and what doesn’t, learn, plan appropriate changes and follow-through.
The Aspire Act Adapt website is about figuring out what you want, learning, designing, planning and getting things done … not necessarily in that order.
Above all, it’s about awareness, focus, determination and persistence.
I am Richard B. I’m fascinated by distinctions; the differences that make a difference, between those who achieve what they truly want and those who do not.
I believe that most people start out wanting to achieve big things and this is what happens:
- A very small percentage, not necessarily the most academically qualified, achieve extraordinary outcomes;
- Some get started with great enthusiasm and stop short of what they want, usually well short of achieving what they are capable of;
- Some set goals for themselves way below their capabilities;
- The majority, don’t really figure out what they want in enough detail, nor why they want it … nor how to get it!
Of course, to those who don’t care what they achieve, none of this really matters. This might seem a little harsh … but it is true enough.
My greatest desire is to work with people who care about what they achieve; i.e. those who want to go as far as they can towards achieving whatever their aspirations are.
Around about 1980 I began to be ‘consulted’ as a mentor and coach while employed within an International Corporation. In 1990 I started working as a workshop and change facilitator as well … both internally and with customers.
Ever since this has been my favourite role:
- working face to face:
- helping individuals and teams get their heads around what they really want to achieve;
- figuring out what needs to happen for them to get there;
- and inspiring continuous activity and improvement towards their outcomes.
It has been a real privilege … over the years I reckon I’ve learned as much from those with whom I worked as they learned from me!
Please reach out … leave a comment or use the contact form, I look forward to hearing from you …
If you like what you find here, please like below, and share…